Monday, January 30, 2012

Catching up

The weekend went by way too fast!  It was a very good one though.  Friday night I had dinner with my old boss and my old financial advisor.  We ended up hanging for over three hours, just catching up on life.  It was really nice.  Saturday morning I slept in, did laundry and some light cleaning.  Then I got my hair done with Mel and got ready for the MUSE cabaret.  Man, I am in the company of some very talented ladies!  Hearing some of them perform (I didn't) made me think of how much more I want to accomplish with my music.  Which lead me to think about how much I don't accomplish now because I have no time for anything.  Which made me think that I already take on more than I can handle.  Which made me sad and made me think this:

I DO NOT want to get involved with anyone for awhile.  If ever.  I just can't hack it.  The thought of it makes my skin crawl.

I need to start finishing projects.  Weight loss and getting out of debt being the first of the projects that are in the works but not completed.

I WILL continue to improve in my music.  I already sing a ton, so right now that's enough.  When I have finished my other projects, I'll take on more musically.

I won't beat myself up anymore about the things I can't fix or all the things I can't be part of. 

My health issues WILL be nipped in the bud ASAP.


Speaking of health issues, they are still shitty.  I see the gyno again tomorrow, then the oral surgeon, then the dietician.  Then next Monday I see my surgeon again for another fill!  A couple of my friends keep stressing to me that I need to have them check my thyroid.  I have almost every symptom of an underactive thyroid and that could explain a lot.  I'm excited to hopefully start getting some relief.


After the cabaret on Saturday night, a bunch of us partied at my friend Tim's amazing house and had a blast.  I slept super late yesterday which screwed me up and I didn't sleep last night.  I'm a zombie today and it's terrible.  I did get a work out in yesterday and got to spend some time with Mel and the girls.  Luckily, I am off tomorrow so hoping I get some rest. 

Ciao bellas!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you've been so positive lately. =)
    I wish you nothing but the best in your endeavors.
    I know you can do it!

    -j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen. I'm trying. It's been rough. Really praying tomorrow brings some relief. Or at least some answers. Sorry I missed your call last night. If you get a chance, try me tonight. I was trying to fall asleep and I never got there. I might be asleep as soon as I get home today but we'll see. :(

    ReplyDelete