Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Kreativ Blogger Award & Tag Game

My dear friend Jen just tagged me/awarded me with this "Kreativ Blogger Award." Therefore, this requires me to

  • link back to the person who gave me this award
  • complete the form below
  • award 10 other blogs (& let them know)
  • Share 7 random thoughts about myself. 




Form to Complete:
1. NAME YOUR FAVORITE SONG:
It's a three-way tie between Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen, Tiny Dancer by Elton John and Just Like Heaven by The Cure.  I'm so in love with them all.

 
2. NAME YOUR FAVORITE DESSERT:
anything lemon.  Lemon bars, lemon meringue pie, lemon pudding.  I'm obsessed with lemon and so was my dad.  It's one of the very many things we had in common.

3. WHAT TICKS ME OFF: Bigotry.  Religious zealots.  We are all entitled to our opinion, but that's all it is.  And just like ass holes, we all have them.  No one really has the answers for sure.

 
4. WHEN I'M UPSET I: I call my friends and bitch.  I blog.  I cry.
 

5. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PET:
 Cats. Simba to be exact.  He is one handsome baby boy!  But both Bob and Simba are pretty cute!



 

6. BLACK OR WHITE:

I was thinking about this earlier. I am maybe a little too over the top in love with black.  My car is black, most of my clothes are black. I have tons of black purses and shoes.  I just love it.

 
7. BIGGEST FEAR:
Losing my mom or Mason.  I love them more than anyone else in the world.  I also don't like thinking about when Cathy retires.  It already makes me teary eyed and it isn't for a year and a half.  :(

8. EVERYDAY ATTITUDE:
Aside from my occasional melt down, I am very content and happy.

9. WHAT IS PERFECTION:
my choirs. my church.  my friends.

10. GUILTY PLEASURE:

Everything Kardashian!!!



7 Random Things About Me:
1.  This isn't strange at all to me, but some people think I am crazy for not loving bacon.  I hate it.


2. I recently had lap band surgery.  It's finally starting to work and I'm very excited to see the results.

3. I have been a choir nerd since I was in seventh grade.  The saddest years of my life were when I wasn't singing and I am so blessed to be in two amazing choirs now.  Even if they do take up an exorbitant amount of my time.


4. I lost my dad in August of 2010.  Not a day goes by that I don't miss him.  I wish he were still here but I know he's proud of me and I feel his presence often.


5. I love to travel so much that I moved back in with my mom so I could have the money to do some traveling over the next few years.

6. One thing that makes me very sad is that I am so busy these days, I barely have time to listen to new music.  I love music so much and I want to hear so much more than I have time for!!

7. I love The Killers so much it's unnatural.  Sometimes I even pretend that Brandon Flowers is next to me just to feel better.  LOL

Now, the tagging game....


The Rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you've tagged them.



11 More Things About Me:

1.I have been in the banking industry for over three years.  It is very hard but can be very rewarding.
2. I feel lucky that I have experienced crazy, mad, love.
3. I want to have a baby someday.  A little girl.
4. I miss Tori Amos.  It's been about 4 years since I've seen her live.  Her music was a best friend to me whenever I've needed her so many times.
5. I love cats so much, I'd have a cat house if I could.
6. I want to do more.  I'm hoping that very soon I'll be able to find time to do more volunteer work.  Helping people is the best.
7. I'm very emotional.  I feel everything.  It's good sometimes, but sometimes very annoying. 
8. I love my nephew Mason so much, I can't even imagine how much I'll love my own someday.



9.  My style is very classic.  I don't feel like it's changed too much over the years, but just enough to stay in fashion.  I think I'll get more experimental once I lose weight.
10. I miss Jen and Andy.  Soo much.  Especially how much fun we had in our carefree days.
11. I miss Tim.  Everyday.  I just wish I could share my life with him but I know I can't.

My Answers to Jen's Questions:

1. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I have no idea.  That is scary and exhilarating at the same time.

2. What do you do for fun?
I LOVE to see live shows.  Either concerts or Broadway.  I'd do it everyday if I could.
3. What was your favorite album in high school?
Pieces of You by Jewel.  I think it was the soundtrack to my entire high school experience.
4. What is your favorite fast food restaurant?
Taco Bell.  YUMMMMMMMY
5. What is the best way to spend a Sunday afternoon?
Brunching with Mel and then hanging with Mason
6. What is the best Christmas present you ever got? 
A guitar from my dad.  He always listened and he always supported my music more than anyone else.
7. What was your favorite cartoon growing up?
Winnie the Pooh
8. If you won a million dollars, what would you buy? 
A house.  I'd get debt free and save the rest.  A million dollars doesn't go very far these days.
9. Where would you like to retire?
Possibly Germany.  I don't really know.  Maybe Greece.
10. If you could be an animal for a day, what would you be? 
Umm a cat.  LOL.  Like that was even a surprise.
11. Would you ever want to have kids? How many?  Yes.  I'd like one.

My questions for you:
1.  Who is the most influential person in your life?
2.  What makes you the happiest?
3.  Who is your favorite band of all time?
4.  What is your sign?  Do you think you fit the description?
5.  How did you meet the person you fell the deepest in love with?
6. What is your favorite book?
7.  Name the place you wish to visit the most.
8.  Where do you think you are most talented?

9.  What is one thing you think you could do to make the world a better place?
10.  Who do you miss?
11.  What is your favorite meal to cook?

Who I'm Tagging:

Melanie, Roni, and of course Jen.  I don't have many followers!!!

1 comment:

  1. With the exception of the 11 questions I asked, I already knew your answers to the others! =) I guess I know you pretty well!

    Here are my answers to your questions.
    1. Mama. She never takes no for an answer.
    2. As corny as it sounds, seeing my loved ones happy. Whether it's giving them something they want or making them food. If they smile, I'm good.
    3. The Cure. That's hard, because there are SO many contenders for that spot!
    4. Aries. For the most part yes. I'm not disorganized, though.
    5. Seth. On the internet. And it wasn't even that deep in love. (Which is crazy, because there is even deeper love, because that scares me and excites me at the same time.)
    6. Eat Pray Love.
    7. Greece.
    8. Being a good friend.
    9. I'm hoping I'm doing that now by being a part of the "green" movement.
    10. My mother (and my friends back home, obviously), but Mama, I miss something fierce.
    11. I don't have a favorite meal. I just love to cook everything.

    ReplyDelete