Friday, January 20, 2012

You were Romeo, I was a Scarlet letter...

This is just a random, little post.  I'm working (hehe).  We are surprisingly slow today.  And I don't mind it at all.  We've been so busy lately, I've barely had a moment of peace.  I feel like I'm caught up on everything I need to do so I don't feel guilty.  I love how I justify everything!

Taylor Swift is on the muzak.  I love me some Taylor.  I know I'm a nerd.  But that lyric, from my title, really stood out to me today.  It made me think of this morning on my drive into work when I was listening to the Silversun Pickups and a thought took my breath away.  The thought of the one I loved still manages to do that.  He was just like my Romeo.  And I should not have been messed with.  "Can't believe the lure was enough."  I know I'm completely tangling two different songs, but both of them remind me of two relationships with one man that I'll never forget.

"And who knows
And how this feeling grows
Was it truly worth, truly worth the starting
And who knows
Why the engine's blown
Hope it's truly worth, truly worth the parting" Silversun Pickups

I am forever thankful for perfect moments with him.  But I know I will have even more perfect moments with the right one someday...

There's a lot on my plate right now.  A lot on my mind.  I have to admit, I'm more than a little weighed down by a lot of things happening.  But things will work out.  I will post when I know more. 
I need go to the gym tonight.  There is a snow storm supposedly making it's way here in the next few hours so I'm afraid to stay in KY and get stuck down here.  I can't wait until it's warmer outside and I can walk/jog outside or not be fearful of bad weather keeping me on the road.

I meet with the dietician, gyno and oral surgeon all on January 31st.  It will be a very busy day, but hopefully I will have wisdom teeth surgery scheduled, some more things figured out with the gyno, and a grasp on what I'm doing right or wrong with how I'm eating.  I feel like I've been very good with choosing good foods and have been eating plenty of protein and almost 100% whole foods.  I have been working out when possible, but I don't feel real restriction yet.  I get my next fill on February 6th. Hopefully I will feel restriction!!

I work tomorrow and then Donna and I are getting mani/pedis and having dinner for her birthday.  I'm really looking forward to it.  Then Sunday is church, brunch and work out with Mel day!

Have a great weekend, lovelies.  <3

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness. Good luck with all those docs on one day. I thought my life was busy. Good luck with the whole foods, too! You'll feel so much better, too, when you're on it! I'm 110% behind you! (Even if it doesn't come out the right way sometimes!) Love.

    -j.

    ReplyDelete