Friday, February 3, 2012

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing

I've been a bad blogger, but what else is new?  Honestly, I haven't even had the strength to go to a choir rehearsal this week, let alone type.  I'm lucky I've made it to work.  Everything that is going on with my health is really taking it's toll on me. 

My doctor decided to check my thyroid and my blood to see if I'm anemic.  That was done on Tuesday and I got the results back yesterday.  Both came back fine.  I was very frustrated by that only because I thought maybe, just maybe there was something we could start treating and that I'd start to feel better soon.  No dice. I can sleep for ten hours a night and I will still feel exhausted.  No matter what I do.  And nothing is working right.  So on Valentine's Day (lucky me) I get to have a sonohysteogram.  This is a fancy shmancy word for ultra sound that is just able to see more than a normal one.  After that, we should know if I have something structurely wrong with me or if it's just hormonal.  I could have some type of tumor or just have a very thick endometrium.  That's what they'll know after that.  I am seeing an endocrinologist sooner than April because my amazing director is helping me get into someone she knows personally.  All I know is that all of this is making me miserable, tired and very irritable.  I don't even like myself right now.  I just want to feel normal!

I get my next fill on Monday, so that's good!  I'm kind of laying low this weekend to rest and then next week I work all week, have rehearsals and performances next weekend.  I'm tired thinking about it, but I hope I can pull it together enough to be with my choirs.  I miss them!!!

3 comments:

  1. Let's hope for the best. That's really the only thing we can do. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! To answer your question about how many fills it took me to get restriction.

    Well, I have a LAP BAND, not a Realize band. I had instant restriction from surgery onwards. They put in 4.5 ccs on day of surgery.

    Realize band is empty (NO ccs at surgery and until first fill).

    I even passed up my first fill at 6 weeks post op since I was doing well.

    Most Lap Banders get good restriction at their first fill after surgery. We are all different, so it just depends.

    Some folks report extreme hunger between surgery and their first fill (known as "bandster hell"). I don't think I really felt this. I have noticed that most of these folks who are early in their journey who are in "bandster hell" are usually Realize bandsters. Not always, but usually.

    Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lap Band Gal! I have a 10 CC Lap band. I didn't get anything in it during surgery. I had my first fill on January 9th and it was only 2 CC. Today, I got another 1.5 CC. I asked for more, but was shot down. I adore my surgeon, but am feeling that he is ultra conservative. I've lost about 18 lbs on my own and he is ok with that. I guess I'm just ready to get the show on the road, so to speak. Everything I'm doing, I'm doing on my own without any restriction. I could get restriction from this fill, but I won't know for a few days as I am on all liquid for the next couple of days. I'm really hoping. It's been 2.5 months since surgery and I'm ready for this thing to work!

    ReplyDelete