Friday, December 2, 2011

Friday pants

This week has been crizzazzzzzzy.  Work is going really well.  We've actually been pretty busy and I had a kick ass November!  I made enough money just in my bonus for November to pay for my trip to Colorado in July.  I am so beyond thankful for that.  Also going to Oregon with Jen and Mel in the spring and Put in Bay with Andy, Donna and Thom for Memorial Day.  So looking forward to doing some much needed traveling.   Finally!

Short blog tonight.  Wanted to update since I haven't this week.  I'm still on the mend.  Healing quite well.  I just get tired very easily.  My choirs are uber demanding but I love every second.  Work is actually working me.  I like that too, but all the more reason to be in bed at 8 PM on Friday night.  I am in, what I so lovingly call, my Friday pants.  Friday pants are my most comfortable, favorite, amazing lounge pants EVER!

Maybe this is what 30 looks like.  I know I'm not technically there yet, but it's breathing down my neck.  Maybe 30 is where I bust my ass daily to achieve financial stability and bust my ass nightly to create perfect harmonic chords with the people that inspire me and where I get down and dirty with turning this body into a hot one.  Maybe my Friday nights in my Friday pants are exactly what I need to rejuvenate just enough to have some sort of social life on the weekend.  Maybe (and I do suspect this is the case) this is exactly where I need to be.  The idea is thrilling.  I'm not even being sarcastic, for once. I'm in such a good place and I love it.

I made a new playlist the other day.  Thank you Jen for recommending some kick ass tunes.  I call this Day Off because that's what day it was and I'm not clever.  I'm diggin it.  Here it is.  As I listen more, I may be able to talk more about what kind of vibes I'm getting from the bands.


Grouplove  Tongue Tied

Atlas Genius  Trojans

Carina Round  For Everything a Reason

Regina Spektor  The Flowers

Maps and Atlases  You and Me and the Mountain

Birdy  Shelter

Fleet Foxes  Mykonos

Chairlift  Bruises

Eisley  I Wish

nearLY  All is Lost

Two Door Cinema  Something Good Can Work

Vampire Weekend  Ottomon



Now I will admit, some of these I have already been listening to forever.  But they make me happy and just felt right for this playlist.  I never really have a method to my madness.  It always works out though.  I've been told my playlists always end up feeling like a record.  What can I say?  It's a gift.  :)

5 comments:

  1. Just a clarification: it's Two Door Cinema Club- Something Good Can Work (The Twelves Remix). (On blogs, since they're way public, you've gotta make super sure you give clear & proper info, or else you could get into big trouble.) And have you listened to the lyrics? It's super awesome! Love yah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt I could really get in huge trouble, but I was just reading directly off my phone and it didn't show the whole name. Honest mistake. I'll make sure I don't make that mistake again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love the song "Bruises"! I'll always remember the first time I heard it:
    It was in 2008 when I lived in Vegas still. I was walking around the outside of the Fashion Show Mall, which is beautifully located on the Vegas strip, and it was a beautiful day with just the right touch of wind. This song came on the loud speaker and Mikey and I just started dancing (he was twirling me around) right there in front of everyone. It was such a sweet moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, you guys are like a rom-com. It's too cute, but almost too much. lol I still love yah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, Jen, I just now saw this comment! Turd. :)

    ReplyDelete