Sunday, November 27, 2011

Commitment

I have to say one thing for my best friend, Melanie.  Although her one hour to two hour process of making herself beautiful can drive me up a WALL, she is committed to it.  She always looks beautiful.  She is the kind of girl that gets ready to go to bed.  She does her nails while we are boating.  She looks flawless all the effing time!  It's one of the things I love to hate about her, but honestly, makes me love and admire her even more.

So I have decided that I am tired of looking frumpy.  I need to forgo that extra 15 minutes of laying in bed half asleep in the morning to actually get up and fix my hair.  I need to put my make up on all the way.  This isn't for the benefit of anyone other than myself.  When I look good, I feel good.  That's just a fact.

Andy was down for Thanksgiving so we did a little bit of shopping last night.  We were in search of ugly holiday sweaters for our Christmas party next weekend at Donna's, so we stopped at Goodwill.  I found these Bandolino heels for $7!!!  I was so excited!!  I can't wait until spring when I'm thin and pretty and can wear a cute little skirt or dress with these shoes for a night out on the town.  I'm so committed to looking and feeling beautiful every day.  I dyed my hair redder yesterday and spent a few bucks on some new make up and a tanning package.  I'm feeling so good that I might go to the gym a couple times this week, even if it's just to ride the bike or walk.  I'm so excited that this process is under way!


Today is Breaking Dawn with Mel.  Can't wait!  Working tomorrow and then MUSE rehearsal.  Haven't seen my ladies since our big concerts so I'm excited to get back to them.  <3

Happy Sunday!

9 comments:

  1. Very glad that you're committed to making yourself feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebekah,
    I'm Jen's friend, and although I found it sort of odd to add someone I don't know on FB I'm all about reading blogs and perhaps becoming friends through this avenue first! :) I love love love reading my blogs everyday; it has become my happy place and I enjoy the positive energy that exudes from these posts.
    I enjoyed this post because I love to hear someone having a little moment of clarity, or finding something that they want to change or fix (in some cases) in themselves. And you are 100% correct - when we look good, we feel good. FACT! Yesss!! I myself have a bad problem with staying in bed longer, when I'm just in that half asleep state, when I could easily be getting up and using that time to make myself look legit! haha Most days my outfit is great, but I didn't even get a chance to do my hair!
    Anyway, I enjoyed this post and will try and catch up on the older ones.
    Oh, and my name is Roni. Nice to meet ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you, Roni!!! I've heard tons of good things about you! Jen has talked about you so much over the years. Thanks for reading. I've been reading yours too and see that you are a Shins fan! That makes me love you already. LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I LOVE the Shins. I'm definitely a music snob (I know Jen is too)!! Music snobs just believe that they listen to 'thee best' music going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely a music snob! I always have been. It's just that I KNOW I'm listening to the best. It moves me. As a singer, I just can't deal with music that doesn't make me feel something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. See? I knew you guys would love each other! Now, if we could just get Mel in on the mix....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been trying, Jen. I keep telling her to read my blog and have sent her the link twice. With her school and work schedule sometimes I am lucky to get a text returned. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know. She's terrible. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tis me! Tis me.I am here! LOL how awesome are you!? I pretty much take so much time because I feel like a beast without make up, but thanks my dear! P.S. I'm on this thing now. We'll see how often it gets updated LOL

    ReplyDelete