Monday, December 26, 2011

Amelie from Montmartre

I'm consumed in a day of nothingness.  I haven't had a day to just do nothing in so long, it's bliss.  Since I'm doing nothing, I decided to watch Amelie today.  It brings about so many different emotions for me.  It brings great memories of the past.  Jen and I used to watch it together.  And two old friends, Duante and Rachel, used to watch it with me too.  It makes me want to believe in love.  It makes me giggle.  It makes me sappy.  It makes me hopeful.  I haven't visited the subject of love very much on here, but what the hell?

I consider myself one of those fortunate people who have experienced true love.  True, I have lost it, and more than once, but I had it.  And it lives within me.  I am thankful for that.  The pain of losing it made me wonder so many times if the happiness was worth it, but it was.  I cherish those moments.  Lately, I have found myself cherishing them even more.  I feel as though I'm finally in a place where my heart is healing and I can look back and laugh and smile and think about how happy I was.  I think about how not everyone can stay forever.  And they shouldn't.  And each person comes into our lives to teach us something or give us what we need at that point in time. I hope this means that I will be ready when the right one comes along.

I'm a very emotional girl.  This movie got me thinking about those gorgeous moments in my history and some tears were shed.  I miss my one true love all the time.  But I carry him with me, like I always knew I would.  And I love that my life is right on track now.  On a side note, I was crying at church the other night, and JJ, my best friend's brother's son, told Zoey that I was crying tears of joy.  And I laughed out loud.  Because he was right.  And I was so thankful for where I was at that very moment.

Christmas was great.  Everyone was very pleased with their gifts and I got to spend tons of time with my nephew, Mason.  He is my little buddy.  He is so funny and is getting so big!  He is also obsessed with Spongebob.  LOL.  Good times were had by all.  I go back to work tomorrow and then I have a nice little long weekend next week.  I am ready!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that you're healing & that you're surrounded by love.
    I love that movie too. Great stuff.

    -j.

    ReplyDelete