Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ramblings

I know I haven't written in a bit, but things have been totally nuts.  I literally feel so run down that I called in sick today just for a "me" day.  I really do have a sinus infection, but nothing I couldn't work with.  I feel that life is so chaotic right now that I just need some time to regroup.  So here I am,  snuggling in my bed with Bobby and Tosh.0 to keep me company.  I swear I'm going to get up in a bit and actually do some cleaning and organizing.  Promise.  :)

I had a great weekend.  It was just very busy.  Friday night I ran some errands after work and came home and crashed hard.  I think I fell asleep at like 9.  I worked Saturday and flew to CCM afterward for Cincinnati Children's Choir's Feast of Carols.  It was amazeballs, as always.  These kids are fierce.  They don't miss a beat, I tell ya!  Makes my heart swell with pride to know that this organization that began when I was in JR high, has gone from singing in church basements to sharing the stage with the most talented people in the city, the Pops, and Cincinnati Opera.  Really makes me sad too because I wish I had gone on to be a director and that I was the one leading these children...  Anyway, I had sushi with my friend Kelly after the show.  She and I were very close when we were choir kids.  We have occasionally seen each other over the past 12 years but haven't caught up like we did the other day.  What a gift!  I love reconnecting with old friends.  Especially old friends that share the best memories of my life with me.  I have to say, the gifts I've been receiving lately have been so great and I am so thankful for them all!

After dinner, I did a little bit of shopping (I'm 98% done now, yay!) and was too exhausted to do anything after such a long day.  I stayed in with my mom Saturday night and watched some movies, did some reading and went to bed early again.  Had brunch with my friend Jason Sunday morning and spent the rest of the day with Mel and the girls.  I got to see Mason that evening too, but not for long enough.  I'm hoping this weekend he and I can do something special together.  I've been missing my little guy.

As I said before, today is for regrouping.  I have some organizing to do, laundry, putting up the tree and want to get to the tanning bed and maybe the movies today.  I'm jones-in to see Like Crazy!

love, peace and hair grease!

4 comments:

  1. Great Xmas-y weekend! Glad you had fun! =) Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a jampacked but totally worth it weekend.
    I'm so jelly that you got to catch up with an old friend. I miss mine sooo much and would give anything to just sit, eat and chat all night with my old girls. I hate living so far from the people that share some of the best memories of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya know, as much as I love Oregon, having a gluten-free bakery there is going to be quite difficult. Are there many where you live? Dad is just dying to get back to the east coast. That's where he's from after all. But, if you're planning to move back to Texas.... then idk. My next move is going to be permanent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am planning on moving back to Texas, but that won't be after school, AND if I go to Fashion school, that'll be two more years on top of this degree. I guess time will tell. But I'm actually not sure if there are any gluten-free bakes around here. I guess I never think to look for that specific criteria. I'll try and find out tomorrow or somethin'.

    ReplyDelete