Friday, November 25, 2011

Gobble gobble goo and gobble gobble giggle

It's the day after the celebratory day of thanks we Americans have every year.  What is also the biggest day of glutony, gorging ourselves until we are literally sick, and forcing ourselves to hang out with people we otherwise wouldn't even see ourselves in public with.  That's right, Thanksgiving!  Previous years I would have been one of those people who would have done just that.  I would eat and eat and eat until I was sick.  Luckily, this year wasn't like that at all.  I did manage to eat a little bit of mashed potatoes, a small amount of smashed sweet potato and a tiny bit of banana pudding.  I was happy to not be feeding my face all day.  It was nice to have friends and family around and just enjoy watching movies together and cathing up.  From here on out, things will be very very different.  I couldn't be more excited!

I'm back to work.  Today is exactly a week since surgery.  I feel pretty good.  My incisions are healing nicely and I'm already down about 12 pounds.  I can't wait to get back in the gym and have energy again.  I actually feel pretty energetic.  People kept saying how tired I would be but I don't think I've felt that at all.  Of course I did the first couple of days but that was because of the pain killers.  Melanie and I went shopping the other night and it felt great to just walk around.  I'm certain that in the next couple of weeks I will at least be able to walk the treadmill and ride the bike at the gym. 

I'm also very excited about work.  We have a new manager, new assistant manager, and hopefully a new teller.  Nicole will be finished training after next Friday and will be back the following Monday.  I think things could really get a lot better here.  I'm trying to have a more positive attitude about it all.  I'm trying to be more thankful and to express it more.  I'm trying to not always be the debby downer of the branch, constantly bitching and moaning about dealing with people.  It's my job.  Whether they are idiots or not, they are the reason I have a job.  The next coming year is going to be so exciting.  I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! You need to post more often, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. :) I know I do. It's a lot harder to find the time now that I'm back to work and trying to get tons of music ready for upcoming concerts.

    ReplyDelete