Monday, November 14, 2011

The afterglow and looking toward the future

Today is Monday.  But it's not an ordinary Monday.  Not for me.  It's the Monday after my first concert series with MUSE.  Granted, I've been singing in choirs my whole life and have been singing in an amazing choir for the past couple of years, but MUSE really is different.  There's a bond there that runs deeper than anything I've had in other choirs.  CCC had a bond too, but we were young.  There were a few girls I formed close relationships with and there are memories from those days that I will cherish forever, but this grown up womanly love is different.  As of right now there are 72 muses.  We vary from women in their 70's to our youngest being 21.  We are all shapes, sizes, colors, creeds and of different sexual orientations.  We embrace one another as if we have known each other for ages.  As if our histories include each other.  No beginning.  No end.  It is beautiful.  Our concerts were delicious.  We spent endless hours learning, memorizing, perfecting and learning to feel the music.  We pleased our crowds and ourselves.  My heart swelled with pride so many times that I actually choked from it!  Really really missed Dad yesterday.  Seeing my mom and sister in the crowd without him just wasn't the same.  I know he would be so proud and I know that somehow, he was there with us.  Rooting us on and loving every chord and every harmony we produced.  I am blessed beyond belief to be part of this group.  Rhonda, our MUSE blue police chief, was saying yesterday that she wasn't close to her parents and that god gave her a chosen, adopted family to fulfill her needs.  I think we all feel a little bit of that.

This day is also the last Monday before my lap band surgery.  I am so excited that it is finally happening this weekend!  I feel like everything is coming to fruition.  I have my choir now.  I have my family.  My mom is finally pulling out of her depression and watching my Mason grow up is so fun and amazing.  I have a good job and should be out of debt within the next year to year and a half.  I'm getting ready to do some traveling with the groups I love.  And most importantly, I am finally going to be able to be 100% healthy diva!!  I can't wait to be fit and more active.  I'm excited to feel better all the time.  I'm stoked for my feet and legs to not hurt from performing and for my back to not ache every night when I get home.  I'm ready to be beautiful again and feel confident again about who I am.  I know this is exactly the tool I need to make it happen.  I can honestly say I am very happy with where my life is right here.  Right now.  I'm loving every second and can't wait to make even more beautiful memories in the years to come.  I'm definitely going to post more and try to keep everyone posted on my progess from my blog.  Cheers to life!!  Here's to making every moment count!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am very happy things are going so well for you! It's only gonna get better. Stay positive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your positive energy!!
    Also, I've never heard of this "MUSE" you're talking about. I thought you were referring to the band at first. (I LOVE MUSE!) I'm going to google the muse you're apart of. I get from your post that it's a girls choir, and that sounds really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, MUSE is Cincinnati's Women's Choir. It has been around for a long time, 29 years. I love the band too. :) I'm so blessed to be part of such an amazing choir. You can find them on iTunes if you want to have a listen.

    ReplyDelete